Weddings are famously known to be a billion dollar industry. It is also one of the few ones that do not get affected by inflation, market crashes, or depression. Another interesting fact about weddings is that it is usually focused on one type of customer base, and it has not changed. Thos very influential customer base: the bride. The bride usually wishes to be a trend-setter. Therefore, all the vendors of the wedding industry have to up their game and offer out-of-the-box and unique solutions. Any vendor who fails to deliver the same, will eventually get washed out.
A wedding dress is one of the closest and most beloved items for a bride. If you are running a wedding dress boutique, it is imperative that you provide the best fabric, cut, style, fit and most importantly "service" to your clients. How can you attend to your brides in the best way possible? Let's find out!
- Interactive website: Weddings are usually one of the most important events of someone's life. Therefore, your clients tend to research their vendors extensively making it necessary that a wedding dress boutique has a website that is interactive, hosts solutions, and is beautiful to look at! Your website must have all the essentials a bride is looking for while buying a dress. For eg., your home page can get right to business. You can have them choose from a series of necklines you offer followed by the next section that allows them to select a skirt shape, followed by fabric solutions like silk, satin, or lace. Finally, the last section shows a mock-up of the dress based on their selections from the above sections. This will help them envision their dress, and capture their likes and dislikes. Also, include blogs or write-ups on your website which talk about the trends and news such as the preferences of the celebrities with the best wedding dresses of all time. This helps you get information on your clients' preferences, likes, and dislikes. You may also choose to integrate a customer account management application before taking the visitors to the mock-up dress sections ensuring they sign in with their unique credentials so that you can store their preferences, and refer to the same when they decide to visit your store. This will make your customer feel like you already know their likes and dislikes, making their shopping experience easy and stress-free.
- Pamper your client: There are small services you may offer to enhance your bride's experience. Your store ambience needs to be beautiful and clutter-free, and your attendants should have a detailed understanding of all your products. Incorporate retail marketing techniques to ensure customer engagement and satisfaction. This makes your clients feel as though they are special and their experience is personalized. Offering refreshments (keeping in mind that your bride may be following traditional bridal diets or detox to present their best on the D-Day) can also help them relax. You must understand that your clientele might be more emotional than they might seem while deciding to buy a dress, therefore, a dreamy approach towards showcasing your merchandise will go a long way. Small gestures from your side, like giving exclusive reserved parking space for all your customers, or an exclusive attendant who is available for the bride at every step of the way and completely dedicated to her likes and requirements. However, all these features will require a prior intimation of your client's visit. Therefore, you can build your store to be an appointment only space(especially for the brides). An automated appointment booking software can help your clients book appointments on your website. Appointo, an automated appointment scheduling aoftware, offers solutions which allows cancellation and re-scheduling of appointments easily. This practice helps your brides book appointments according to their schedule and more importantly, promises them an exclusive service from your boutique. Follow these few tips to make any of your brides first time visit to your store a memorable one.
- After-sales services: After selling a wedding dress to your client, you must ensure that your after-sales service is even better. For eg,: if a client needs to get something altered, or require small accessories to go with her dress, etc., all these practices must be easy to deliver. Ensure that these communications and alteration- services can be scheduled at your client's convenience and ease. Keeping a keen eye on your attendant attending to the brid or on the team attending to your customers to help regualte customer experience is of improtance. Remember, your customer base does not have repititive buying behavior and will opt for an expensive dress only once in their lifetimes. Hence, your after sales services will greatly affect client recommendations of your brand to someone. Word-of-mouth is one of the most successful marketing strategies that a a wedding dress boutique can adopt.
- Accessories: As suggested above, if your shop also offers accessories that your bride may want with her dress. For eg: if your boutique offers a part of the lace of the dress so that your bride can use the lace for her wedding shoes or just as a souvenir. Other accessories like clutches, a veil, etc. enhance the bride's dress or her experience as your complimentary services. Making your brand the one-stop shop for your brode's dressing needs is a surefire way to build a delightful customer experience.
- Technology: Your brides will be doing their research, mostly online, therefore, you might get a lot of questions and ideas from social media. Hence, a presence on all major social media platforms is a must. Social media plays a key role while making suggestions for your client's wedding dress, hence, your products and accessories should be at par with what social media influencers have to offer. Leverage social media to showcase your products and features for better reach. Social media marketing is also a great way to interact with your clients and an excellent channel for promotions.
- In-store experience: Every client will appreciate great aesthetics. The ambiance of your store also affects the decision-making of the bride. You can take your pick regarding the theme of your store depending upon your brand aesthetics. An area that is soothing to the eye, a red carpet only for the bride to walk on, a decorated and comfortable bridal changing room, etc. Apart from the store aesthetics, planning the entire customer journey from when they enter, to their greeting, the questionnaire, the evaluation, dress selection, guidance, query solving, to the final. Delivery and after-sales services, pre-planning the journey allow you to build a standardized experience that delights the clientele every time they walk into the store. It is imperative to understand that you not only provide a dress but also an experience. It is an emotional day for most of your customers, therefore, any effort executed from your side to make them feel special will be taken into account.
All the above experiences shall surely enhance your wedding dress boutique experience. Let us know your experiences with your clients!